Anthro Corporation, Technology Furniture®, located in Tualatin, OR, is the manufacturer and e-tailer known for its unique furniture for technology.
Anthro Corp. was founded in 1984 as a wholly owned subsidiary of Tektronix, and became an independent company in 1988. Our middle name is Technology Furniture® because we design, manufacture, and market furniture only for high tech equipment, providing solutions for the engineering, business, medical, government, education, and home markets.
Anthro is known for outstanding quality and exceptional service, supported by a lifetime warranty and quick turn-around on orders. Oregon Business Magazine has honored us as one of the “100 Best Companies to Work for in Oregon” for five out of the last seven years.
Anthro offers over 550 standard furniture products, with eight separate furniture families.
- The Fit System® family has mobile, modular desks that can be configured to fit most technology applications because of its innovative, contemporary design.
- The AnthroBench family is designed for applications where the equipment is very heavy, such as labs and server rooms.
AnthroCarts are the senior members of our product line. They have the most accessories to choose from, so they offer the most flexibility in configuring a solution.
- The Elevate™ Electric Lift Table family consists of tables whose surfaces can raise and lower with the touch of a button; integrated cable management, providing mobility to items that need power without the limitations of a power cord.
Carl's Table is the ultimate radiology reading room workstation. Available in two versions (model CT03 and model CT08), the tables provide height and tilt adjustment so users can work standing, sitting, or reclining. Additionally, the adaptive lighting systems adjust the workstation's lighting to provide optimal contrast with the image on the computer screen. CT08's Monitor Control System™ provides independent push-button height and depth control for the entire bank of up to four monitors.
- The eNook family of wall-mounted desks are available in two sizes and versions for laptops and CPU-based systems. A choice of locking systems (keyed locks or electrical combination locks) provide the desired level of security, and the units extend as little as 7” from the wall.
- The Zido family of compact technology carts are particularly suited for use as medical equipment and lab instrument carts. Zido's small, sturdy frame provides excellent mobility on long-lasting 4 casters, and the robust cast-metal base gives the carts exceptional stability. Zido carts are available in three versions fixed-height (two widths and three heights available), adjustable-height, and 66 tall Pole Cart.
- Anthro also offers a variety of Specialty Products. These designs provide specific solutions for specific applications. They range from small, height adjustable carts to laptop storage and charging carts. In addition, custom products are a major part of Anthro’s business, especially for equipment manufacturers who want a custom support solution to bundle with their hardware.
Anthro products stand out as the standard in the industry, especially in hardware-intensive environments. Our focus is selling business to business and our customers span the globe. They include large corporations (IBM, HP, Intel, and Disney), hospitals, small businesses, non-profits, OEM accounts, and government organizations. About two-thirds are in the high-tech industry and 67% of Anthro’s customers in the past year have purchased previously.
Our customers buy directly from us, by phone, fax or Web, and we ship directly to them. Or, if they prefer, they can buy Anthro products through their favorite office or furniture dealer, buying co-op, GSA contract, etc. We feel strongly that whatever works best for the customer, absolutely works for us.
- Anthro furniture comes with a Lifetime Warranty. We’ve been around since 1984, and the carts sold then are still going strong.Anthro furniture comes with a Lifetime Warranty. We’ve been around since 1984, and the carts sold then are still going strong.
- Our 100-day Risk Free Promise lets you order what you think you may need, then keep only what you want.
- Toll-free phone lines for sales and customer service are conveniently open business hours, Monday through Friday, 600 am to 600 pm Pacific Time.
- Customer service reps receive 200 hours of training before they even field a call, and 30+ hours every year after.
- Sales staff apprentice as trainees for approximately 8 months before being assigned a sales territory.
- Selected products are manufactured to order overnight in our factory, then packed and shipped next working day. Standard lead time for most other products is just one week.
- Any returned products are donated to Portland, OR, area non-profits.
Customers can donate their old computer cart or desk to a recognized charitable organization and Anthro deducts $50 off their order total.
At Anthro, we design and manufacture almost every product we sell. We have an in-house team of designers who design and prototype in our state-of-the-art plant. The plant includes Metal Fabrication, Powder Coating, Panel Processing, Packaging and Shipping. Keeping everything in-house enables us to control our quality standards and be able to meet our “gotta-have-it-yesterday” time frames. Anthro’s commitment to quality is evident in our ISO9001-2000 compliant Quality Management System where the pursuit of continuous improvement and customer satisfaction is critical.
President Shoaib Tareen
Founders Shoaib Tareen and Catherine Filgas
Employees 125 team members